With the end of 2022 in sight, organizations are reviewing performance and planning for 2023 and beyond. One of the biggest components of forward planning is budgeting and ensuring that funds are allocated precisely. Companies’ average IT spending went up 6.7% from 2020 to 2021 as they continued to adjust to their employees working remotely or on hybrid models. With the growth of the hybrid workplace, employees need to have the right technology to work remotely just as efficiently as if they were in their HQ.
That’s where wireless expense management comes in and provides employers with cost savings and employees with cutting-edge technology. In this blog article, let’s dive into what wireless expense management is and why your organization should consider outsourcing it.
Wireless Expense Management is the process of managing an organization’s carrier rate plans as well as mobile and wireless devices. Let’s face it – efficiently managing rate plans and mobile devices is a burden for organizations, for 3 reasons:
- Often, carriers do not have the organization's best interests in mind.
- Employees are using their personal devices for work. These devices are not as secure as corporate-issued and monitored devices and can be a security threat if not managed properly.
- Carrier Plans can change every year or every other year, so monitoring these plans can be time-consuming.
Proactively managing rate plans is absolutely crucial for keeping wireless expenses down, but there are more areas that an organization can optimize when it comes to its mobile environment. Mobile device implementation in the workplace was designed to allow companies and employees more flexibility and increased efficiency. But now, mobile devices are creating extra overhead and costs for organizations. Here are some aspects that are part of a successful wireless expense management implementation:
- Optimize Organization’s Mobile Expenses – Done with comprehensive data and plan comparisons.
- Outsource Time-Consuming Admin Work – Done with invoices and contract management, inventory management, order and provisioning, and reporting.
- Visualize and Control Your Entire Device ecosystem – Done by including bills, usage, devices, and carriers all in one portal.
- Enforce Company Policies – Done with detailed data, usage restrictions, and device management.
- Avoid the Hassles – Managing multiple carriers and or multiple contracts is time-consuming and not the best use of your team’s time.
Wireless expense management is a fit for companies of all sizes. For small to midmarket organizations, oftentimes there is only one or just a couple of dedicated IT employees. Those IT employees often do not have the bandwidth to fully manage the organization’s mobile environment and help ensure costs are optimized, and focused on cost spending, so inefficiencies and expenses go under the radar. By working with an organization like Dataprise that provides managed mobility services (MMS), they can augment your current staff and negotiate with carriers on contracts to make sure your team is getting the most out of the services provided.
Enterprise organizations tend to have many unused devices tied to their carrier plan and rates. By utilizing usage data to help you identify areas of cost-savings, your MMS provider can deliver the information your IT and Finance department need to collaborate and adjust your annual budget.
Budgeting is a major part of any organization’s plan for the future. As more laptops, mobile devices, tablets, and other wireless devices are introduced into your IT environment, it is crucial for organizations to ensure that not only are these devices secure, but they are cost-effective.
Dataprise is proud to offer a complimentary analysis of your environment to help determine where your organization can cut costs. If you are interested in learning more about wireless expense management and mobile device management as a whole, please feel free to download our guidebook here.